Here are some tips to help you reduce the chance of fraudulent activity on your Debit Card Accounts:
- Keep your card in view at all times when making a purchase.
- Memorize your passwords and personal identification numbers (PINs) so you do not have to write them down. Make sure that no one is watching you input your PIN.
- Never sign a blank receipt slip. Draw a line through any blank amount lines that appear above the total amount line.
- Save all of your receipts so you can refer to them at a later time. Never discard your receipt in a public trash container.
- Avoid saying your account number at a merchant location or over the phone if others can hear.
- Use automatic teller machines (ATMs) during daylight hours, if possible, or choose a location that is well-lit at night. Physically inspect the ATM reader for any type of suspicious adaptation, and ensure that no one is standing close to you when conducting the transaction.